Jesse Gersten Biography
As a Jew born on Good Friday a career in stand-up comedy was inevitable from the snip of the umbilical cord.
Jesse’s first time onstage was at the Comedy Studio in Cambridge, MA, where he had the good fortune to be profiled on ABC’s Chronicle. That is, of course, if you consider good fortune to be painfully immortalized on television by awkwardly forgetting your closing joke, with the camera shot close enough to see the faces of the horrified crowd members through the reflections on the enormous sweat droplets cascading down the forehead, coating both eyeballs with a blinding solution of salty embarrassment. It was all uphill after that.
Jesse became one of New England’s brightest young feature acts, opening for a list of headliners that includes Larry the Cable Guy, Patrice O’Neal, Lenny Clarke, Bob Marley, Bill Burr, Vinnie Favorito, and many others.
Dry, dark, smart, and fearless, Jesse has been a favorite in the Boston comedy scene with his trademark original style for over a decade. Poised to break out on the national level as a multifaceted artist, Jesse has also performed in theatre and radio as well as being a talented writer, cartoonist, photographer, and DJ.
Clubs Worked At:
- Improv: Miami, FL
- New York Comedy Club: New York, NY
- Giggles: Saugus, MA
- Comedy Connection: Boston, MA / Portland, ME / Providence, RI
- Nick’s Comedy Stop: Boston, MA
- Comedy Studio: Cambridge, MA
- Comedy Palace: Andover, MA / Worcester, MA / Norwood, MA / Marlboro, MA
- Dick Doherty’s Comedy: Boston, MA / Randolph, MA / N. Andover, MA / Mountain View, NH
Colleges Worked At:
- Simmons College: Boston, MA
- St. Joseph`s College: Lewiston, ME
Comedians Performed With:
- Larry the Cable Guy
- Lenny Clarke
- Patrice O’Neal
- Bob Marley
- Bill Burr
- Don Gavin
- Tony V
- Steve Sweeney
TV / Radio / Festivals:
- Chronicle: ABC: 5/97
- Boston Comedy Festival: 2000-2004
- FanAttic: NESN: 6/00